I can’t believe I’m the first person to blog about this (maybe my aggregator’s stuck?), but the new Visual Basic Power Pack has been released on GDN. Here’s a description:
The Visual Basic Power Pack consists of seven custom controls written in Visual Basic .NET 2003. The controls provide enhanced user interface elements and enable you to create more interesting and more colorful client based applications.
The Power Pack controls consist of:
· BlendPanel. This provides a background for a form where the color fades from one shade to another.
· UtilityToolbar. This is a toolbar whose look and feel is similar to the Internet Explorer toolbar.
· ImageButton. This is a button that displays a graphic over a transparent background.
· NotificationWindow. This displays text and graphics in a pop-up window (commonly known as “toast”).
· TaskPane. This is a container that provides collapsible frames for displaying additional information on a form.
· FolderViewer. This displays directories in a hierarchical format.
· FileViewer. This displays a list of the files in a specified directory.
They’re being released as a sample, so full source code (in VB, of course!) is available. Have fun!