Not content to leave well enough alone, I’ve continued to hack away at the OpEd codebase to try and add some features that I thought would be useful. I’m now trying them out live, so if there are any problems, do let me know. Major changes are:
- The backend storage is now a SQL Server database instead of an XML file. No one should really notice this, I hope.
- I merged “comment view” into “permalink view” and added a permanent redirect from the former to the latter. I didn’t see much point in not showing comments in permalink view.
- Every item now has a Trackback URL. I hope it works – I tried it out locally, but the world seems to be a variable place. Autodiscovery of TrackBack from RSS and embedded RDF in the page should work too.
- I now generate dc:creator tags in the RSS, so names should start showing up in SharpReader.
I think that’s the major stuff. I’ve already had to fix a number of glitches since going live, so I won’t be surprised if there aren’t a few more disasters lurking around the corner…
Seems to be working well, good job! 🙂 Would be nice if the Trackback URLs were actual links to click on though! 😉
Done! They don’t look so hot, but I’ll clean them up later…
Rock on! 😀